June 2, 2011

A Lovely Thing: Summer Internship


Hello! This summer has come upon 
me more quickly than I expected.  As you know, I am an apparel merchandising major at OSU, and with that we are required to do an internship during the summer of our junior year! I am so lucky to have a job at Terri's in the Plaza Shopping Center in Tulsa.  This job was truly a blessing and I am absolutely loving it! I work with some really talented, fun, and amazing people. They are all excellent at what they do! I'm learning so much I can't even believe it!! I sure hope that I can be on my way to owning my own boutique someday and run it this effectively in such a relaxed and thrilling environment!
They are looking to spice up their advertising, and so I offered to help them begin a blog for their store so that we can post pictures of new merchandise and of the store itself.  I thought it would be more fun for customers to get to know the people of Terri's as Terri, the owner, has placed such an emphasis on customer service and truly getting to know each and every one of her customers on a personal basis. It's going to be fun and exciting! We are currently working on the Twitter and Facebook pages for both, so I will let you know when we get all that up and running! 

For now, enjoy some pictures of the shop! I will probably post some pictures if I get excited about a window display or in-store display I've done. I get to re-merchandise the entire store with a new floor plan sometime next week (I'm nervous!)!! It will be a lot of fun and a great learning experience, though. 
I also get to try on all the new stuff that comes in... so there might be pictures of that too!! If you're in the area, stop by and see me and the rest of the lovely girls at Terri's!
Some clothing lines we carry: Joie, Elizabeth & James, Graham & Spencer, Nicole Miller, Milly, Haute Hippie, Vince, James Perse, and Michael Stars. 
Some denim lines we carry: True Religion, Citizen of Humanity, Genetic, Hudson, and J Brand. 
Some jewelry lines we carry: Mi & Ro and Virgins, Saints, and Angels, plus many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment